|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Mesolithic flint tranchet axehead and medieval to post-medieval metal objects|
Metal detecting in 1996 recovered a Mesolithic flint tranchet axehead, a medieval harness pendant and a medieval/post-medieval buckle.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 34 26|
|Parish:||DILHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
October 1996. Metal-detecting.
1 Mesolithic flint tranchet axe. See drawing (S1).
1 medieval harness pendant.
1 medieval/post medieval buckle.
Flint axehead identified by P. Robins (NCM) and other objects by H. Geake (NLA) and A. Rogerson (NLA). See list and descriptions in file. These discoveries were reported in (S2).
A. Rogerson (NLA) 15 November 1996. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 10 June 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Mesolithic - 10000 BC to 4001 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- TRANCHET AXEHEAD (Mesolithic - 10000 BC to 4001 BC)
- BUCKLE (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- HARNESS PENDANT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Robins, P. 1996. Drawing of a Mesolithic flint tranchet axehead from Dilham. Paper. 1:1. |
|<S2>||Article in Serial: Gurney, D. (ed.). 1997. Archaeological Finds in Norfolk 1996. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLII Pt IV pp 539-546. p 539. |
Related records - none
Find out more...