|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints, multi-period metal objects and pottery from Rayle field|
Prehistoric flints and fragments of medieval and post-medieval pottery found during fieldwalking in 1993. Metal-detecting in 2011 recovered a Roman coin, Iron Age/Roman Colchester one-piece brooch, medieval book mount and medieval/post-medieval vessel fragment.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 06 99|
|Parish:||MORLEY, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
9 November 1993. Fieldwalking finds.
Medieval to post-medieval sherds.
See full lists and plans in file.
E. Rose (NLA), 28 March 1994.
March-April 2011. Metal-detecting.
Iron Age/Roman brooch, 1 Roman coin, medieval and medieval/post-medieval metal objects.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (HES), 25 May 2011.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Iron Age to Roman - 800 BC to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Undated)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- COLCHESTER BROOCH (Early Iron Age to Roman - 800 BC to 409 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BOOK FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- VESSEL (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Unpublished Document: Davison, A.. 1994. Results of Fieldwalking around Morley Research Centre (Manor Farm). |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...