|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period finds from Horsecroft and Oateclose fields|
Prehistoric flints including an Iron Age flint knife, fragments of pottery dating from the Roman to the post medieval periods and medieval roof tiles found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 0562 9861|
|Parish:||MORLEY, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
11 January 1994. Fieldwalking finds.
Medieval pottery and roofing tile.
See full lists and plans in file.
E. Rose (NLA) 28 March 1994.
20 May 1994.
Further finds of same periods, and also Roman and post medieval sherds.
Details in file.
E. Rose (NLA) 12 September 1994.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to Post Medieval - 500000 BC to 1900 AD)
- POT (Undated)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- KNIFE (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- COIN (Late Iron Age - 32 BC to 31 BC)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 64 AD to 260 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- VESSEL (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1300 AD to 1700 AD)
- BELL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1800 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1550 AD to 1650 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1575 AD to 1700 AD)
- HARNESS MOUNT (Post Medieval - 1600 AD to 1700 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1604 AD to 1619 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1620 AD to 1680 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Unpublished Document: Davison, A.. 1994. Results of Fieldwalking around Morley Research Centre (Manor Farm). |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...