|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi - period finds|
Fieldwalking in 1982 recovered possibly Neolithic flints, including flakes and a scraper. Also found were medieval and post medieval pottery fragments.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 3401 2543|
|Parish:||DILHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1982. Fieldwalking finds from Keeper's cottage. Stated to have originally been recorded by A.Gregory (NAU) but not on NHER. Material reidentified by NLA March 1994.
Worked flints, possibly Neolithic including flakes and a scraper (identified by E.Rose, NLA).
Medieval unglazed sherds; one possible bowl rim, one possible jar rim, one base and ten bodysherds.
Two medieval glazed; one glazed Grimston.
Three late post medieval stoneware.
One late medieval/early post medieval peg roofing tile.
Two flower pots.
Fragments of oyster shell, and a fossil.
Identified by A.Rogerson (NLA). Finds NCM.
E.Rose (NLA) 21 March 1994.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- MOLLUSCA REMAINS (Undated)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...