|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period metal finds|
A small lead model of a 'Celtic' human head of Iron Age or Roman date, one medieval coin and a post medieval coin recovered by metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23 19|
|Parish:||HAINFORD, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
September 1993. Metal detecting.
Iron Age lead model head (33mm high), (S1).
Polaroid (S2) NCM.
Two coins, one medieval and one post medieval.
See list in file.
Identified by J. Davies (NCM), 1 November 1993.
This 'Celtic' head is much more likely to be Roman, as it is made of lead.
David Gurney (NLA), 18 April 2006.
October 2007. ALSF NHER Enhancement Sub-Unit A.
This findspot falls within the larger record for NHER 39910.
M. Dennis (NLA), 16 October 2007.
- FINDSPOT (Early Iron Age to Roman - 800 BC to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- CEREMONIAL OBJECT (Early Iron Age to Roman - 800 BC to 409 AD)
- FIGURINE (Early Iron Age to Roman - 800 BC to 409 AD)
- MINIATURE OBJECT (Early Iron Age to Roman - 800 BC to 409 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Unknown. Unknown. Drawing of an Iron Age lead model head.. Paper. Unknown. |
|<S2>||Photograph: NCC Find Identification and Recording Service. c. 1975-2000. HES Find Polaroid Collection. HES Find Polaroid Collection. polaroid. black and white. |
|39910||Part of: Medieval and post-medieval finds (Find Spot)|
Find out more...