|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint pot boilers, scraper and post medieval pottery sherd|
Fieldwalking in 1993 recovered thirty-two flint pot boilers, one flint scraper and a post medieval pottery sherd.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2284 0181|
|Parish:||STOKE HOLY CROSS, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
March-April 1993. Systematic Fieldwalking Survey.
Evaluation of proposed golf course. Contexts 1-3.
1 prehistoric flint flake, 1 blade, 1 scraper and 32 flint 'pot boilers'.
1 post-medieval pottery sherd.
See report (S1) for plan in file for further details. The results of this work are also summarised in (S2).
Compiled by K. Forrest (NAU), 21 April 1993. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 1 April 2015.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BLADE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT BOILER (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 192 AD to 192 AD)
- COIN (13th Century - 1280 AD to 1281 AD)
- COIN (14th Century to 16th Century - 1351 AD to 1509 AD)
- JETTON (14th Century to 15th Century - 1373 AD to 1415 AD)
- COIN (14th Century - 1377 AD to 1399 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Contractor Report: Forrest, K. 1993. Evaluation Report. Dunston Hall, Stoke Holy Cross, Norfolk. Norfolk Archaeological Unit. 20. |
|<S2>||Article in Serial: Gurney, D. (ed.). 1994. Excavations and Surveys in Norfolk 1993. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLII Pt I pp 115-123. pp 121-122. |
Related records - none
Find out more...