|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Multi-period finds scatter and possible Iron Age to Roman settlement|
An Iron Age brooch, Roman coins, and medieval coins and seals, found by metal detecting, and part of a much larger finds scatter, which indicates that this was the site of a settlement in the Iron Age and during the Roman period.
Images - none
1989 to 1992. Metal detecting.
Iron Age brooch
Roman coins and cosmetic palette
Medieval coins and seal
See list in file
W. Milligan (NCM) August 1992.
October/November 2002. Metal detecting.
2 medieval coins.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 16 December 2002.
Large scatter including NHER 17259, NHER 18298, NHER 18299, NHER 20246, NHER 20247, NHER 24348, NHER 29175 and NHER 29176. The number of Iron Age and Roman finds from this area suggests that this was the site of a settlement in the Iron Age and Roman period, although its exact nature is uncertain.
Sarah Spooner (NLA) August 2005.
- SETTLEMENT (Late Bronze Age to Roman - 800 BC to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BROOCH (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- PALETTE (COSMETIC) (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- SEAL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...