|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Metal detecting and fieldwalking in 1992 and 1993 recovered a range of objects, including prehistoric, Early Bronze Age and Iron Age pottery fragments, prehistoric flint flakes and a core, a Roman coin and medieval to post medieval items.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 09 43|
|Parish:||SALTHOUSE, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
21 May 1992. From edge of field, sugar beet 5cm (2 inches) high.
Eighty four sherds, prodominantly Iron Age, including three prehistoric and fourteen probable Beaker
Three flint flakes and one core
See report by Sarah Percival in file
Information from .
A. Rogerson (NLA).
8 to 9 February 1993. Metal detecting and fieldwalking finds.
Cut halfpenny Plantagenet King.
See list in file. Identified by J. Davies (NCM), 19 February 1993.
?Medieval bronze handle fragment; possible association with a chafing dish.
Post medieval bronze candle snuffer fragment.
Iron Age pottery.
Lumps charcoal. No pot boilers.
See rough map (S1) for area searched.
W. Milligan (NCM), 17 March 1993.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- PLANT REMAINS (Undated)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- VESSEL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CANDLE HOLDER (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Map: Finder's Map.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...