|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi - period finds|
Metal detecting in 1990 recovered an Early Bronze Age copper alloy axehead, a Roman coin and four fragments of medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 03 07|
|Parish:||GARVESTONE, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1990. Metal detecting. Early Bronze Age axe.
(S1) and identification by J. Wymer (NAU) in file.
Roman coin. See coin list in file. Four medieval unglazed sherds in general area.
A. Rogerson (NAU), 14 May 1990.
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FLAT AXEHEAD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Illustration: Finds Illustration. |
Related records - none
Find out more...