|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Mesolithic/Neolithic blade core, Roman coin and medieval to post-medieval pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking here in 1989 recovered a ?prehistoric flint 'pot boilers', a Mesolithic/Neolithic flint blade core and medieval and medieval/post-medieval pottery sherds. Subsequent metal detecting here in 1999 recovered a single Roman coin.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 37 25|
|Parish:||STALHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1 Mesolithic/Neolithic two-platform blade core (iron stained).
?Prehistoric 'pot boilers'.
Medieval sherds, very worn including odd late medieval/transitional rim sherd.
Identified by J. J. Wymer 1989.
Information from finder.
W. Milligan (NCM) 6 November 1989.
April 1999. Metal-detecting.
Found on development site (not yet seen):
1 Roman coin.
D. Gurney (NLA) 13 April 1999.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Mesolithic to Late Neolithic - 10000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT BOILER (Prehistoric - 500000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- BLADE CORE (Early Mesolithic to Late Neolithic - 10000 BC to 2351 BC)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...