|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval icehouse|
A post medieval icehouse once stood at this location. However, by 1978 it had been mostly destroyed with only a scatter of bricks on site. Records claim that this structure was built sometime after the 16th century emparking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6284 0759|
|Parish:||RUNCTON HOLME, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Ordnance Survey card 10 April 1978 reports this now destroyed - a scatter of bricks on site. They claim it was built after the 16th century emparking (but how long after?). Information from (S1).
E. Rose (NAU).
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ICEHOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BRICK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Oblique Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.A. (NLA). 1974. NHER TF 6207A-G (NLA 13/ADF11-7) 12-JUL-1974. |
|---||Archive: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TF 60 NW 7. |
|2421||Part of: Wallington deserted medieval village (Monument)|
|2425||Related to: Wallington Hall (Building)|
|30527||Related to: Wallington Park (Monument)|
Find out more...