|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||All Saints' Church, Helhoughton|
A medieval parish church with a 14th century chancel, a 15th century west tower and a late 18th century nave. The interior contains a stone octagonal font and a 15th century brass.
|Grid Reference:||TF 8690 2652|
|Parish:||HELHOUGHTON, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Perpendicular west tower, nave largely rebuilt late 18th century, Decorated chancel.
Flint with stone and some brick dressings, slated roofs, leaded tower roof.
Perpendicular west door with double hollow chamfered four-centred arch with fleurons and ball flowers.
Six panel Gothick headed doors of about 1790.
3 bay nave, all details of about 1790.
Early 14th century 2 bay chancel, blank to north, 2 Decorated windows with priest's door in between to south. Decorated east window under brick arch with drip moulds; tracery suggests 17th or 18th century re-arrangement. Interior with Perpendicular tower arch.
Simple segmental nave plaster ceiling about 1790.
Chancel arch about 1790 with wooden capitals.
Stone font, base with 5 attached shafts, chamfered corners with rounded spurs, octagonal bowl.
Chancel with trefoil headed piscina and early 19th century arched braced roof.
Brass with heart in hands, 15th century.
Early 17th century Stuart Royal Arms, but with A( nna) R(egina) monogram and date 1705 added.
Details from (S1).
S. Spooner (NLA) 14 February 2006
- CHURCH (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: TF8626A-C. |
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
Related records - none
Find out more...