|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman coin and medieval and post medieval pottery|
Metal detecting here in 1987 recovered a Roman coin of Hadrian and pieces of medieval and post medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 37 25|
|Parish:||INGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
|STALHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
May 1987. Found while metal detector, scattered over surface of cultivated field.
Note that the field is probably now smaller, particularly on southeast, than it is shown on (S1).
Badly corroded and worn sestertius, possibly Hadrian. Five small sherds of medieval unglazed, and several sherds lead glazed earthenware.
Inormation from .
A. Gregory (NAU) 4 June 1987.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Map: Ordnance Survey, First Edition, 6 Inch. 1879-1886. Ordnance Survey 1st Edition 6 inch map.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...