|Type of record:||Building|
A house of 1846, constructed of brick with stone and moulded brick dressings and having a slate roof. The building is two storeys high with a west façade of three mullioned window bays and a crenellated parapet. The imported linenfold panelling inside complements the minimal Tudor style of the exterior.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 3214 2479|
|Parish:||DILHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
May 1979. Listed, Grade II.
1846, possibly by Donthorne.
Brick and stone, slate roof, two storeys. West façade three bays moulded string course, cusped and crenellated parapet. Right hand gabled bay with corbelled stack dated 1846, with CMH and unicorn. Tudor style mullioned windows. Iron gargoyles, two stacks of moulded terracotta clustered shafts. South face two bays with corner pilasters and corbel table. Four centred arched doorway in moulded brick. Later porch with reused doorway on service ranges.
Interior has decorated iron balusters and linenfold window shutters. Linenfold panelling in dining room, 16th century (?), said to have been brought from Lincolnshire in about 1950.
Information from (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 2 July 1986.
- HOUSE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1846 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 447. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1373824. |
Related records - none
Find out more...