|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Willow Farm and moated site|
A double moated site where the moats are still partly filled with water. On this stands Willow Farm, which is a lobby entrance house of about 1600, partly rebuilt in the 18th/19th centuries.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 287 924|
|Parish:||BEDINGHAM, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Double moated site, part dry. Lobby-entrance house of c.1600 part rebuilt 18/19th century across north arm.
See(S1)in File. (S1).
E. Rose (NAU) 19 August 1985.
Double moated site south of Willow Farm. Northern moat under garden cultivation. West arm c.60 meters long, East arm extending further to N. S arm widens to pon to W. South moat in pasture field. East arm reed filled. Slight depression in field marks infilled site of W arm. Moats mostly water filled c.5-6 meters wide.
H. Paterson(A&E) 3 July 2000.
- MOAT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Unpublished Document: E. Rose. 1985. Building Report.. Building Report. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1152858. |
Related records - none
Find out more...