|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period metal finds|
In 1981, metal detecting recovered a Roman coin, a medieval buckle and buckle plate, and a post medieval candle snuffer.
Images - none
September 1984. Just east of Browston Hall Golf Course. Found with metal detector.
Sestertius of Trajan. Copper alloy medieval buckle and late, pin missing.
Bronze medieval rectangular buckle plate, 13th century with lion in Limoges enamel . Post medieval decorated bronze candle snuffer. Stud button probably 16th century cf Amsterdam Cat no 343.
2 flat buttons with stamped ornament, one 18th century the other post medieval.
Identified by A. Gregory and S. Margeson (NCM) 10 October 1984 .
W. F. Milligan (NCM) 17 October 1984
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUTTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- CANDLE HOLDER (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...