|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi - period finds|
Fieldwalking and metal detecting in 1980 and 1991 recovered a range of objects, including prehistoric worked flints, pottery fragments from the Bronze Age or Iron Age and pottery fragments from the Roman, medieval and post medieval periods. Also found was a Roman coin.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 14 36|
|Parish:||MATLASK, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Winter 1980 to 1. Area of finds beside outcrop of 200 foot contour. See map, finder's plan does not show contour accurately.
Late Bronze Age/Iron Age sherds.
Roman sherds, 1st to 4th centuries.
Medieval and post medieval sherds.
See list in file.
Identified by A.Gregory (NAU), January 1981.
Early 1991. Metal detecting and fieldwalking.
Thirty seven sherds, all Roman greywares.
One unidentified 4th century coin.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 19 March 1992.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to 19th Century - 1000000 BC to 1900 AD)
- METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Undated)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- QUERN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...