|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval windmill|
The site of a 19th century tower windmill, marked on maps of the period. It was last used in 1925, and all that remains today is the brick base of the tower, which is in use as a garden fishpond.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 3348 2509|
|Parish:||DILHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of windmill.
Marked on (S1) 1836, but not on (S2) 1797.
E. Rose (NAU), 12 March 1980.
Brick base of this is now a fishpond in garden of new house.
E. Rose (NAU), 4 February 1981.
Known as Staithe Mill, a tower mill last used 1925.
E. Rose (NAU), 2 February 1982.
- WINDMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1824-1836. Ordnance Survey First Edition 1 inch.. |
|<S2>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
Related records - none
Find out more...