Record Details

NHER Number:15336
Type of record:Building
Name:The Old Manor House, The Street

Summary

A 17th century timber-framed and brick house now divided into two. The house has circular windows and blocked square windows, and a large Victorian shop front.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TM 1970 9263
Map Sheet:TM19SE
Parish:LONG STRATTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

Group of 2 houses.
One house aligned north to south, timber framed with brick and south gable wall. On south gable bases of two squat brick chimneys, and in gable wall illegible date plaque. Two circular windows, and four blocked square ones. Probably early 17th century. Known as Old Manor House.
Other house, aligned east to west, also timber framed.
E. Rose (NLA), 4 October 1979.

(S1) in file.

(S2) mentions a large Victorian shop front on the ground floor with fascia, sashes and panelled door.
See (S2) for more information.
S. Spooner (NLA) 5 May 2006

June 2009.
Permission sought regarding internal alterations at ground floor level, including the replacement of an existing window.
See (S3) and (S4) for further details,
H. White, (NLA), 17 August 2009

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
  • MANOR (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
  • SHOP (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
  • TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Graphic material: Various. Various. Architectural plans..
---Secondary File: Secondary file.
<S1>Unpublished document: 2002. Planning conditions.
<S2>Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest.
<S3>Unpublished document: Listed Building Consent.
<S4>Unpublished document: Jon Venning Architect. 2009. Design and access statement, the Manor House, Long Stratton.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service