|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Late Saxon and medieval to post-medieval finds|
Fieldwalking in 1978 recovered Late Saxon and medieval pottery sherds, while metal-detecting in 2015 recovered a medieval buckle, a medieval/post-medieval copper alloy ring and a post-medieval buckle and clapper bell.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 2073 9334|
|Parish:||LONG STRATTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Spring 1978. On ploughed surface. .
4 medieval sherds, 1 Thetford-type rim sherd and 2 body sherds.
9 August 2015. Metal-detecting. Finders Field 2 (North). Site extended to the whole field. .
Medieval/post-medieval copper alloy ring.
Post-medieval buckle and clapper bell.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 3 August 2016.
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUCKLE (12th Century to 14th Century - 1200 AD to 1400 AD)
- RING (13th Century to 16th Century - 1300 AD to 1600 AD)
- BELL (16th Century to 18th Century - 1550 AD to 1800 AD)
- BUCKLE (17th Century - 1620 AD to 1680 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...