|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of Dairy Farm|
The site of a two storey house, probably dating from the 17th century. This had been demolished and cleared by October 1978.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2623 1405|
|Parish:||BEESTON ST ANDREW, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
July 1977. Visited.
Brick house, 4 bays, 2 storeys with one dormer in roof. Lower western extension. Some chequered brickwork in diaper pattern. Probably 17th century.
2 large rectangular chimneys, one apparently renewed in last century and one recently.
Close examination not possible owing to house being fenced off and boarded up, but it is in good condition considering.
E. Rose (NAU), 20 July 1977.
October 1978. Visited.
Acting on information received from Helen Sutermeister that a quantity of "Tudor, and 17th-19th century bricks and old timbers" had appeared in the yard of , and had come from a house in this area, E. Rose (NAU) visited site and found building totally gone on 13 October 1978.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...