|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Roman coins and pottery, medieval coins, a post medieval silver collar and post medieval pottery found during fieldwalking and metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 19 90|
|Parish:||LONG STRATTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
March 1977. On east edge ploughed field (rest not walked).
Thin scatter of Roman coarse ware and post medieval pottery sherds.
1988. Area extended by metal detecting survey.
Roman and medieval coins and post medieval silver collar.
See list in file.
D. Gurney (NAU), 7 November 1988.
Forms part of large metal detecting scatter NHER 25916.
- FINDSPOT (Roman to Post Medieval - 43 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- NECK RING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- PERSONAL ORNAMENT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...