|Type of record:||Monument|
A suspension bridge was erected here in 1829, and was replaced by a brick and iron bridge in the late 19th century. The 19th century bridge has been replaced by a modern bridge.
Images - none
Suspension bridge erected 1829.
Information from (S1).
Replaced by conventional bridge in 1899.
The later bridge is of no interest, usual brick and iron. It is being replaced by a modern bridge.
E. Rose (NAU) 25 February 1981.
- BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Archive: Bolingbroke Collection. |
Related records - none
Find out more...