|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman, Early Saxon and medieval finds|
Part of the handle and neck of a medieval stoneware bottle was found in 1975, while metal-detecting in 2015 recovered a Roman coin and an Early Saxon brooch.
|Grid Reference:||TM 38 92|
|Parish:||GELDESTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Part of the handle and neck of a late 15th century Rhenish stoneware bottle.
E. Rose (NAU).
February-March 2015. Metal-detecting. Site extended to whole field. .
1 Roman coin.
Early Saxon brooch.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 7 April 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 117 AD to 138 AD)
- BROOCH (Early Saxon - 480 AD to 530 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...