|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Gresham's School Chapel|
The school chapel was built in 1912 by Maxwell Ayrton in knapped flint and limestone. The chapel has two angle turrets, an embattled parapet and a porch to the southwest.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 08888 39386|
|Parish:||HOLT, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
School chapel, 1912-6 by Maxwell Ayrton. Knapped coursed flint and limestone. Plain tile roof, leaded lights, Two light aisle windows arranged in pairs between buttresses. Porch at southwest with parvis and corner buttresses. Partly embattled parapets. Two angle turrets.
Details from (S1).
November 2004. Seen in passing.
It is noteworthy that in fact the flintwork is quite poor as far as the knapping is concerned; none of the blocks is square.
E. Rose (NLA), 6 November 2004.
- CHAPEL (Modern - 1912 AD to 2050 AD)
- SCHOOL (Modern - 1912 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
Related records - none
Find out more...