|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval brick kiln in Brick Kiln Close|
A post medieval brick kiln was discovered during ploughing in 1950. The kiln was probably in operation between 1818 and 1835.
Images - none
Brick kiln discovered by ploughing 1950.
Probably functioned around 1818 to 1835. Field called brick kiln close in 1847. Information about date from P. Millican (FSA).
Site visited by R.R. Clarke (NCM) 29 March 1950.
R.R. Clarke (NCM).
- BRICK KILN (19th Century - 1818 AD to 1835 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Post-Medieval. Horstead with Stanninghall. |
Related records - none
Find out more...