|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Post medieval watermill|
This is the site of a watermill marked on Faden's 1797 map of Norfolk. The watermill is now used as a house.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2311 2969|
|Parish:||COLBY, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
|FELMINGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Septemebr 1977. Visited.
Old watermill. Part of ground floor stone or brick (cemented over), remainder weatherboarded. Good Georgian doorcase. Now used as a house.
E. Rose (NAU), 28 September 1977.
Marked on (S1), but apparently slightly further east so that it stands on the other stream flowing into the river here. In its present position on (S2).
E. Rose (NAU).
'New built watermill and windmill' (latter NHER 15425) referred to 1774 watermill last used 1878.
E. Rose (NAU), 23 March 1982.
- WATERMILL (18th Century to 19th Century - 1774 AD to 1878 AD)
- HOUSE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1878 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1824-1836. Ordnance Survey First Edition 1 inch.. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
|<S2>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1824-1836. Ordnance Survey First Edition 1 inch.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...