|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Pottery dating from the Roman, Late Saxon and medieval periods found south of St. Peter's Church (NHER 7222) in 1968.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 0132 2044|
|Parish:||BILLINGFORD, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1968. Casual Find.
Roman pottery, Thetford ware and medieval sherds were found on the south side of the church.
Information from (S1).
P. Wade-Martins (NAU), 1968.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon to Medieval - 851 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Vertical Aerial Photograph: RAF. 1944. RAF HLA/694 4103-4 26-MAR-1944 (NMR). TG 02 SW 21. |
|<S1>||Article in serial: Wilson, D. M. and Hurst, D. G. 1972. Medieval Britain in 1970. Medieval Archaeology. Vol XV (for 1971) pp 124-179. p.127. |
Related records - none
Find out more...