|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||St Paul's Church, Tuckswood, Lakenham|
A modern Anglican church completed in 1969. The church, unusually, is much broader than it is long. Three stained glass windows, a porch, and a new two manual organ were added in the 1980s and 1990s.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 22467 06345|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
Building work on the St Paul's site began in 1951 with the construction of what is now the Church Hall. In the early days, this also served as the Church. The church was completed in 1969. The church has a somewhat unusual shape being much broader than it is long. The basic Church had little in the way of adornment, but the 1980s and early 1990s saw the fitting of three stained glass windows, a porch, and a new two manual organ. One of the stained glass windows behind the altar is particularly significant as it represents the modern era with nautical flags spelling the words "St Pauls".
M. Dennis (NLA), 1 March 2007.
Originally recorded in the parish of Lakenham, now part of Norwich.
- CHURCH (Cold War to Modern - 1969 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Website: 2007. http://www2.env.uea.ac.uk/gmmc/stpaul/paulshis.html. |
Related records - none
Find out more...