|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Early Saxon brooch and medieval and Iron Age or Early Saxon pottery sherds|
An Early Saxon cruciform brooch and fragments of Iron Age or Early Saxon and medieval pottery sherds were found.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 7010 9079|
|Parish:||FELTWELL, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1963. Stray find.
A bronze cruciform brooch found of Aberg’s group III. Found in ploughed field with medieval and ?Iron Age or Early Saxon sherds.
See (S1, S2 and S3).
E. B. Green (NCM).
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- BROOCH (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- POT (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Archive: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Early Saxon. Feltwell. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Milligan, W.. 1964. Drawing of an Early Saxon cruciform brooch.. Card. 1:1. |
|<S2>||Photograph: CM1357. |
|<S3>||Article in serial: Wilson, D. M. and Hurst, D. G. 1965. Medieval Britain in 1962 and 1963. Medieval Archaeology. Vol VIII (for 1964) pp 231-299. p 236. |
Related records - none
Find out more...