|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Kitchen gardens at Barningham Hall|
A red brick walled ktichen garden built in about 1805 by Humphry and John Adey Repton. The garden has gault brick entrance gates with elliptical arches.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 14795 35499|
|Parish:||MATLASK, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Garden wall, about 1805, probably by H. & J.A. Repton. Complete wall about 325m long enclosing kitchen garden. Red brick in Flemish bond, oversailing cornice with moulded cap. Entrance gate ways to each side in gault brick with elliptical arch, stone keystones and inposts. Ledged and battened doors with 4-centred arch heads.
Information from (S1).
S. Spooner (NLA) 10 May 2006
- GARDEN WALL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- KITCHEN GARDEN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 379. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. |
|6569||Part of: Barningham Hall (Building)|
|30431||Part of: Barningham Park (Monument)|
Find out more...