|Type of record:||Building|
The earliest parts of this brick former rectory date back to the 17th century. The building was heightened and enlarged in 1731 according to a datestone on the rear wall. The cross wing and stair block were added in 1783. Inside is a fine staircase with a swept mahogany handrail, turned balusters and shaped tread ends.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 86373 13009|
|Parish:||LITTLE DUNHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Former rectory. Some 17th century brickwork heightened and enlarged in 1731 according to datestone on rear wall. Cross wing and stair block added in 1783 (Glebe terrier). Brick with black pantiled roofs. Two storeys with attic. Main block of four bays of sash windows with glazing bars (two 20th century replicas) beneath skewback arches. Two-leaf partly glazed front door. Doorcase with semicircular fanlight and pilasters with an overlapping architrave. Cross-wing façade of three bays with 20th century central French windows flanked by sashes with glazing bars beneath rendered skewback arches. Victorian sash windows with vertical glazing bars above beneath skewback arches. Staircase out-shut to rear with large semicircular headed window with glazing bars. Dentilated cornices throughout and hipped roof to crosswing. Fine staircase with swept mahogany handrail, turned balusters and shaped tread ends.
A. Cattermole (NLA), 12 April 2006.
- (Former Type) VICARAGE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1600 AD to 1999 AD?)
- HOUSE (Modern - 1901 AD? to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
Related records - none
Find out more...