|Type of record:||Building|
This lodge to Little Massingham House (NHER 22260) was built in 1904 to 1905 by Edmund Wimperis and Best in red brick with a red tiled roof. It has one and a half storeys and three bays.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 79410 24081|
|Parish:||LITTLE MASSINGHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
April 1987. Listed, Grade II.
Listing Description Excerpt:
"Lodge to Little Massingham House. Around 1904 to 1905; by Edmund Wimperis and Best, architects. Red brick, red tiled roof. Edwardian neo-Vernacular Freestyle. One and a half storeys, three bays. South front has two ground floor and two attic gable. Three-light wooden casements with glazing bars."
Information from (S1).
Please consult the National Heritage List for England (S1) for the current listing details.
A. Cattermole (NLA), 14 March 2006. Amended J. Cullis (HES), 8 November 2019.
- LODGE (Early 20th Century to 21st Century - 1904 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 522. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1171665. |
|22260||Part of: Little Massingham House (Building)|
Find out more...