Record Details

NHER Number:43893
Type of record:Building
Name:Hill Cottage, The Green


This late 17th century brick, flint and rendered cottage is a one storey structure with a thatched roof.


  • Hill Cottage dates to the late 17th century  © Norfolk Museums & Archaeology Service


Grid Reference:TL 95308 92578
Map Sheet:TL99SE

Full description

Cottage, late 17th century. Brick, flint and rendered clay lump with thatched roof. One storey.
For further information see (S1).
A. Cattermole (NLA), 27 February 2006.

This may be the same as the “house at the northwest corner of the green” seen very briefly in passing by E. Rose (NLA) around 1980; it had a timber frame dated to around 1700 and a brick extension to the west. The timber frame would be the section described in (S1) as rendered.
E. Rose (NLA), 24 August 2006.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1650 AD to 2050 AD)
  • TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1700 AD to 2050 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

<S1>Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service