|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||All Saints' Church, Stoke Ferry|
This church currently consists of a nave, chancel and bellcote. The nave is basically early medieval, remodelled in the 15th century. The old chancel was demolished in the 17th century and the west tower fell in 1758 when the building was remodelled. The church was rebuilt in 1848 and the stained glass windows added later that century. Inside is a 15th century patterned font.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 7046 9989|
|Parish:||STOKE FERRY, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Nave basically early medieval, altered in 15th century.
Chancel demolished 17th century, tower fell 1758, when church remodelled. Chancel rebuilt, nave recast in 1848.
See detailed report (S1) in file. Listed (S2). Press cutting (S3) in file.
E. Rose (NLA), 9 May 2002.
- CHURCH (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HERMITAGE (RELIGIOUS) (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CHURCH (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: Bryant. 1826. Bryant's Map of Norfolk. |
|---||Monograph: Crowmwell, T. and Cotman, J.S.. 1818. Excursions through Norfolk. |
|---||Publication: Martin, T.. c.1740. Church Notes. |
|---||Serial: Pevsner, N.. The Buildings of England.. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 2002. Building Report.. |
|<S2>||Scheduling Record: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. |
|<S3>||Newspaper Article: Lynn News. 1998. 27 January. |
Related records - none
Find out more...