|Type of record:||Monument|
This red brick bridge has two low arches and two low cutwaters. There is a stone plaque attached to it that reads: THIS BRIDGE WAS REBUILT BY HARRIET DASHWOOD THE OWNER 1880. It is likely that this rebuilding completely replaced any earlier bridge.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23454 04165|
|Parish:||CAISTOR ST EDMUND, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
April 2005. Visit.
Bridge carrying Markshall Lane over River Tas.
Red brick, two low arches, two low cutwaters. On outer side of south parapet of west abutment is stone plaque: THIS BRIDGE WAS REBUILT BY HARRIET DASHWOOD THE OWNER 1880. No visible older work.
E. Rose (NLA), 21 July 2005.
- BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...