|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Post medieval drainage ditches and rubbish pit, The Old Rectory|
A watching brief recorded two probable post medieval drainage ditches, post medieval brick and tile fragments and a medieval pottery sherd.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23708 04046|
|Parish:||CAISTOR ST EDMUND, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
July 2005. NAU watching brief on proposed swimming pool. Contexts 1-9.
Two linear features, probably post medieval drainage ditches, were observed, one containing post medieval tile and brick fragments as well as fragments of an 18th century shoe buckle.
One medieval pottery sherd was recovered from the general spoil of the trenches.
See also (S2).
J. Allen (NLA), 5 February 2007.
- LINEAR FEATURE (Unknown date)
- DRAINAGE DITCH (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- RUBBISH PIT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ANIMAL REMAINS (Unknown date)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BRICK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|---||Slide: Various. Slide. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: Hobbs, B.. 2006. NAU Archaeology Report No. 1100. An Archaeologial Watching Brief at The Old Rectory, Caistor St Edmund, Norfolk.. |
|<S2>||Article in serial: Gurney, D. and Penn, K. 2006. Excavations and Surveys in Norfolk in 2005. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLV Pt I pp 124-136. p 125. |
Related records - none
Find out more...