|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Metal detecting recovered two pieces of Early Saxon brooches, a Middle Saxon silver penny, medieval and post medieval metal objects and a piece of post medieval pot. The Middle Saxon penny imitates the coinage of Chalons-sur-Saone, a town in France, and seems to have been used as a button.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||Not displayed|
|Parish:||OLD BUCKENHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Middle Saxon coin.
See description in file .
Listed in (S1).
A. Rogerson (NLA), 29 April 2005.
December 2004. Metal detecting.
Two Early Saxon brooch fragments.
Medieval and post medieval metal objects.
Post medieval sherd.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 10 September 2005.
The Middle Saxon penny imitates the coinage of Chalons-sur-Saone, a town in France, and seems to have been used as a button.
M. Dennis (NLA), 16 May 2006.
- FINDSPOT (Post Roman - 410 AD to 1900 AD)
- BROOCH (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- COIN (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUTTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: NLA. Finds Photograph. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Article in Serial: Williams, G. and Davies, J.. 1998. Coin Register 1998.. British Numismatic Journal. Vol 68, p 166, no 36, plate 22. |
Related records - none
Find out more...