Record Details

NHER Number:4505
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of 'The Temple'


This post medieval circular garden house had wooden Corinthian columns. It has been demolished.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TF 7086 0890
Map Sheet:TF70NW

Full description

'The Temple' - Ordnance Survey.

Demolished. Thirty years ago a circular base with bottoms of wooden Corinthian columns remained now gone.
Information from owner to E. Rose (NAU), 16 August 1979.
E. Rose (NAU).

Monument Types

  • GARDEN HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2020 Norfolk Historic Environment Service