|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period finds from field southeast of New Buckenham Castle|
Fieldwalking recovered pieces of Iron Age, Roman, medieval and post medieval pot, medieval roof tile, a post medieval buckle and fragments of undated lava quern.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 08315 90315|
|Parish:||OLD BUCKENHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1993. Gridded fieldwalking in field south of New Buckenham Castle, prior to field being put down to grass.
Iron Age, Roman, medieval and post medieval pottery.
Medieval roof tile.
Post medieval buckle.
See list and (S1) in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 18 October 1993.
November to December 1993. Further selective fieldwalking.
Roman, medieval and post medieval pottery.
Lava quern fragments.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 18 January 1994.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to Post Medieval - 500000 BC to 1900 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Undated)
- METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Unknown date)
- QUERN (Undated)
- FLAKE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC? to 42 AD?)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- KNIFE (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- PIPE (SMOKING) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|9200||Part of: New Buckenham, a medieval planned town (Monument)|
Find out more...