|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||White House, Mission Hall Cottage and Mission Hall|
A group of three buildings, all dating to the early 19th century. The Mission Hall is dated 1809 (on a plaque) and is of whitewashed brick, one storey high with a black pantiled roof. It is thought to have been converted to residential use.
Mission Hall cottage is of brick and flint , and is possibly a barn conversion of about 1800. It is two storeys high, and has an arched barn door.
The White house to the south is also of brick and flint,is two storeys high, and dates to about 1800.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 03872 34177|
|Parish:||BRININGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Mission Hall, one storey, dated R G W 1809. Whitewashed brick, black glazed pantile. Three early 19th century casement windows with mullions and transoms. Door on return.
Mission Hall Cottage brick and flint, possibly a barn conversion of about 1800; arched barn door, 19th and 20th century windows. White House brick and flint, two storeys, wing to left, pedimented door of about 1800. All three conjoin.
Details from listed building description (S1), but since that time the Mission Hall seems to have been converted to a house, see plans (S2) in file.
E. Rose (NLA), 22 November 2003.
- BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- MISSION HALL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|<S2>||Graphic material: Various. Various. Architectural plans.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...