|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Crafer's and Seely's Barns|
A complex of brick barns that have been converted into housing. The barns date back to the 17th century, with patches of later brickwork and later additions including a 19th century shed.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 00824 41605|
|Parish:||LANGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Complex of barns, etc. now converted to housing. Flint and brick.
Crafers Barn has west gable to road, the southwest quoins are of early post medieval bricks but the northwest are of later brick, however a single storey outbuilding running north has early quoins against these. The south wall has two storeys of blocked or altered windows, each comprising one 'long-low' and one square, before a later projection resembling a cut-down cart porch. Remainder not seen. To the northwest is a 19th century shed containing a reused limestone block.
Seeley’s Barn appears to be a cut-down ruin of a flint barn with 20th century house attached but was only seen from a distance.
Original date seems to be 17th century; do the windows in Crafers indicate it was once a house, or are they for lodgings over stables?
See (S1) for more information.
E. Rose (NLA), 3 April 2004.
- BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FARM (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...