|Type of record:||Find Spot|
During construction of a pond at this spot the Young Archaeologists Club sieved three wheelbarrows full of soil and found many artefacts including prehistoric burnt flints, a possible Bronze Age flint knife, Iron Age, medieval and post medieval pottery and a post medieval gun flint. Metal detecting on the same site recovered post medieval pottery and an undated piece of iron.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 94 02|
|Parish:||CARBROOKE, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
17 August 2003. Sieving of spoil from small pond excavation in garden of 'Bonne Nuit'.
?Bronze Age flints.
Large quantity of pot boilers.
Iron Age, medieval and post medieval pottery sherds.
Post medieval bell and rowel spur.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 30 October 2003.
Before 18 July 2004. Metal detecting.
Post medieval pottery.
Undated corroded iron.
See description in file.
E. Darch (NLA), 3 November 2004.
- FINDSPOT (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2350 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT (Unknown date)
- POT BOILER (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- KNIFE (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BELL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- GUNFLINT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ROWEL SPUR (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...