|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Manor Farm Barn|
Part of this barn was built around 1780 although the end wall and roof date to 1838 or 1858. Two of the beams in the barn are reused from an earlier timber framed building.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 62067 98398|
|Parish:||HILGAY, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Barn dated 1838 or 1858, but this refers only to the end wall and the roof. The remainder is a good example of a brick barn of around 1780 with two tiebeams reused from a timber framed building.
See (S1) in file.
E. Rose (NLA), 27 May 2003.
- BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 2003. Building Report.. Building Report. |
Related records - none
Find out more...