|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Bronze Age awl and Roman metal object|
A Bronze Age awl a Roman brooch, and a possible Roman spoon probe, found by metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 00 20|
|Parish:||BILLINGFORD, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
April-May 2002. Metal-detecting.
1 ? Bronze Age copper alloy awl (S1).
1 Roman brooch fragment (unusual, ?T-shaped) and 1 ?spoon-probe fragment.
Identified by S. Ashley (NLA). See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 15 June 2002.
Updated by J. Page (HES), 17 March 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- AWL (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COSMETIC ARTICLE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: NLA. Finds Photograph. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Ashley, S.. 2002. Drawing of a Bronze Age awl. Film. 1:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...