|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Metal-detecting at this spot in 2001 recovered a Late Upper Palaeolithic retouched flint blade, a medieval coin and a post medieval clothing fastener.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 66 25|
|Parish:||CASTLE RISING, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
August 2001. Metal detecting.
1 Late Upper Palaeolithic retouched flint blade .
1 medieval coin .
Post medieval clothing fastener .
See descriptions in file.
These discoveries were reported in (S1). This flint blade is listed in (S2) in (S3).
S. Ashley (NLA), 3 October 2001. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 7 August 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Upper Palaeolithic - 40000 BC to 10001 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- RETOUCHED BLADE (Upper Palaeolithic - 40000 BC to 10001 BC)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- DRESS FASTENER (DRESS) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Article in Serial: Gurney, D. (ed.). 2002. Archaeological Finds in Norfolk, 2001. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLIV Pt I pp 149-162. p 150. |
|<S2>||Article in Serial: Robins, P. and Wymer, J. 2006. Late Upper Palaeolithic (Long Blade) Industries in Norfolk. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLV Pt I pp 86-95. p 93. |
|<S3>||Archive: R. Jacobi. -. Jacobi Archive. 199. |
Related records - none
Find out more...