|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Possible post medieval lighthouse|
'Lights' are marked here on Bryant's map of 1826. It is possible this is the site of a post medieval lighthouse used to warn sailors on the Wash.
Images - none
(S1) marks 'lights' here. The site is a 15m contour hillock and lights here would be seen from the Wash across the marshes.
E. Rose (NLA), 1 May 2001.
- LIGHTHOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Map: Bryant, A.. 1826. Bryant's Map of Norfolk. |
Related records - none
Find out more...