|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Hall Farmhouse, Ferry Road|
This early 17th century red brick farm house with a pantile roof consists of two parts. The two storey eastern end is earlier in date and may have originally been part of a larger house. The western end has only one storey and is later in date. There are recesses in the garden wall for bee hives.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 3420 0248|
|Parish:||CARLETON ST PETER, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Early 17th century red brick farm house, pantile roof. To east, two storey range probably fragment of a larger house; west stack on moulded base. Parapetted east gable with internal stack on moulded base, tumblings and block first floor and attic windows with chamfered jambs. Ground floor window reduced. Small chamfered niche on south wall. To west, lower range one storey and attic, parapetted west gable with stack, leaded dormers; hipped projection to south., This range is of later date. Garden wall with row of bee boles.
Details taken from (S1), grade II.
E. Rose (NLA), 15 May 2000.
- BEE BOLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- GARDEN WALL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
Related records - none
Find out more...