Record Details

NHER Number:35193
Type of record:Building
Name:White House, High Street

Summary

A 17th century timber framed house, with an 18th century flint façade, which may have been added when the building was converted into a public house.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TF 6844 0637
Map Sheet:TF60NE
Parish:FINCHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

Timber framed house with early 17th century parlour cell, having canted principals (upper crucks).
Remainder on three cell pattern but date not apparent.
Flint facade 18th century perhaps when converted to public house.
Upper storey later raised.
See (S1) and (S2).
E. Rose (NLA) 27 May 2000.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
  • PUBLIC HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
  • TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Secondary File: Secondary File.
---Designation: English Heritage. 1990-2013. English Heritage Listing Notification. Notification. DNF4987.
<S1>Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1380443.
<S2>Unpublished Document: Rose, E. 2000. Building Survey.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2020 Norfolk Historic Environment Service