|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Probable Early Saxon burial|
Metal-detecting recovered an Early Saxon cruciform brooch, probably from a grave, and a post-medieval fitting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 13 12|
|Parish:||EASTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
February to March 1998. Metal-detecting.
Early Saxon crucifrom brooch, probably from a grave. See (S1).
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 17 July 1999.
- FINDSPOT (Saxon - 410 AD to 1065 AD)
- INHUMATION? (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 650 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BROOCH (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- FURNITURE FITTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Photograph: NCC Find Identification and Recording Service. c. 1975-2000. HES Find Polaroid Collection. HES Find Polaroid Collection. polaroid. black and white. |
Related records - none
Find out more...